Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Blog Ever!!!

So this is my first blog ever! I know, I know...I'm a little behind, but better late than never! I really don't know what to write about. I am sitting here in my pj's drinking coffee trying to come up with something today. I decided before we got married that I would start blogging after we got married and the craziness was over. Well the craziness isn't over yet but I thought I'd be productive on a snow day and start my blog. I guess I can fill you in on a little about me. I grew up overseas in Uruguay and the Dominican Republic. I moved to Northwest Arkansas after I finished college and started teaching.  I teach 3rd grade here in Arkansas at not only the best school ever but with the best people ever! I love my job and wouldn't trade it for anything...well except a little bakery on a corner somewhere but since I don't have that I teach! :)

I just got married to Brock. He is the funniest most amazing person I have ever met! Sorry ladies he is all mine! :) We met back in college in 2003 but never dated until 2008. We had both randomly moved to Arkansas for jobs after college and didn't know it. We saw each other at the mall and the rest was history. We dated about 2 1/2 years before we got married on 1.1.11. So far life as a Short is good!

I love to cook and bake! I cook dinner every night when we are going to be home together and even sometimes when I am by myself. I will post our favorite recipe and pictures as I cook them. If you have never tried eating low-carb it has really been the only thing that works for me. We enjoy and eat tons of fresh veggies, fruit, dairy, and meat! We love it!

I also like to work out. Now I am far from someone who is totally in shape and has a perfect body but I do enjoy spin class and have decided to take up running. That is thanks to my new friend Tricia, she is helping get ready for my first 5K in April. My goal in life is to be healthy and have fun! I know I feel better when I work out and eat good but I still love those bad for you foods....which is why I have decided to run. Like Tricia said....I run so I can eat fries and ice cream! :) Perfect motto! :)

Well I guess that is it! Stay tuned for more post and recipes.

Chau!

0 comments: