Sunday, January 23, 2011

School tomorrow...

Well my 4 day weekend is coming to an end. On one hand I am sad and wish that I could just go about my day tomorrow leisurely...sleep till 8:30 or 9, head to the gym, come home get cleaned up, make lunch for Brock before he heads off to work....instead I will be getting up at 5:45 headed to work at 7 then hit the gym and home by 5:30 to start cooking dinner so we can eat by 6:30/7, clean up the kitchen, grade some papers, then off to bed by 10. I can't wait for summer! I think I am more ready then my students to be out of school!!!
So last week my friend Mandy started a girls night fb page for all us girls. It is an easy place to go and chat with each other and plan our girl nights!!! We haven't had a girls night in ages. Well Friday night 6 of us ventured out on the dangerously icy roads....they weren't that bad at all....to have a girls night. Dinner at Market Place then coffee at Arsagas. I was going through all my favorite cooking blogs and found a recipe that I had to make to take to our get together. I had all the ingredients already so I decided to make a Popcorn Cake. I had never heard of this until searching through the blog Cookies and Cups.
It is super simple and absolutely delicious!!!! It is the best mixture of sweet and salty. Which is something every girl likes!!! So here goes the recipe and pictures. Now I only had christmas M&M's so it looks very chrsitmasy. Which actually lead us to discussing the different holidays you could make this snack for. I will be making this for my students with the Valentines day M&M's and putting them in muffin tins. I will for sure post some pictures of that when I make them. :)
Ok...enough rambling here is the recipe:

Popcorn Cake
(recipe by Cookies and Cups)

Ingredients:
2 bags of popcorn
2 cups of M&M's
1 1/2 cups of pretzel sticks (broken in half)
1 stick of butter
16 oz bag of mini marshmallows (8 cups)

Directions:
Spray a bunt pan (or whatever dish you want to use) with non stick spray. Set aside.
Pop the popcorn according to the package. Make sure you pick out any un-popped kernels. Empty the popcorn in a large bowl. Pour in the M&M's and pretzel sticks. Melt your stick of butter in a sauce pan. Once the butter is melted add in the marshmallows. Stir till all marshmallows are melted. When they are melted pour on top of the popcorn mixture. Stir until well combined. Once the mixture looks like rice krispy treats put the mixture into your prepared dish. Cover with foil and let it set for about an hour. Eat and enjoy.
 

My popcorn cake didn't last long! Between the girls and Brock (and a few of his friends) it was gone before morning!!!!

Chau!!!
Kim

0 comments: